Teen Drivers (15 – 17 years old)
- Classroom and Behind-the-Wheel instructionSchedule to Drive fee $10Tuition Due by first day of class
Click Class in calendar for Purchase
(contact office if out of stock)
- Be at least 15 years old
- Be enrolled in a driver’s education program
- Have completed the first 3 days of the classroom portion
- Pass the Road Rules and Road Signs test (DPS test)
- TDLR (DE 964) Form (to be issued by Driving School)
- 30 Hour Behind the Wheel Parent Log
- TDLR Form (Verification Of Enrollment & Attendance) signed by high school official.
- Cash, Check or Credit Card/Debit Card.
- $11 for those under the age of 18
- $25 for ages 18 and up
- If you are NOT a citizen, you must show proof of nationalization with a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
DO NOT LOSE YOUR DE964—THERE IS A $10 FEE FOR REPLACEMENTS
After receiving the permit from DPS, you will need to bring it by the office to show the secretary. You can begin scheduling your driving at this point. In order to do so, you will need to create a schedule 2 drive account (this is an additional $10 fee paid directly to the website/ ***this is not included in your registration fees)
For instructions on how to create an account S2D_Handout
To go to S2D click here
Your driving lessons are scheduled by you, based on your availability. You have a choice of scheduling them while the student is still doing the classroom portion, or after they have completed the classes. However, be sure to keep in mind you have six months from the day you start class to complete this program in its entirety.
The new driving schedule is posted every Wednesday (at 12pm during the summer and between 4-5pm during the school year). However, you can schedule any day of the week as long as there are openings. We require that you must take at least 1-2 days between each of your driving lessons to allow time to practice at home.
Because of the limited hours during the school year, driving slots in the past have been filling up very quickly. In order to avoid running out of time, please do not wait until the last minute to begin scheduling your driving.
- Complete the 32 hours of classroom instruction
- Complete the 14 hours of behind the wheel instruction
- Complete the additional 30 hours of behind the wheel with a parent/guardian
- Be at least 16 years old
- Have held your permit in excess of 6 months
Pass the road test with the DPS
While the student is driving in our car, they are fully covered by our insurance policy. Typically, insurance companies do not require you to add your teen to your insurance policy until they have obtained their full license. However, it is best to check with your own insurance company.
Remember: Upon completing the Driver’s Education course with us, you will receive an insurance copy of your certificate which most insurance companies accept for a 10% discount! This is not available if you choose parent taught driver education.